|Some downloaded files are
in .zip format.
These files must be "unzipped" before they can be used.
How to Unzip a .zip file
There are two ways to unzip a file or folder in Windows 7.
The first and quickest way to unzip a file or folder in Windows 7 is to
double-click the zipped file.
While you will be able to see your files, you cannot use
your Spiritrax.com MP3s until you drag-and-drop them from the
zipped window (shown above) to your desktop or press the Extract
All Files button at the top of the window (shown above).
Alternatively, you can...
Use the Unzip Wizard
The second way to unzip files in Windows 7 is to use the Unzip
1. Right-click the zipped file and select Extract
2. Browse to the location where you want to save the unzipped
files by clicking Browse if the default location is not good for
3. Click Extract. Your files will appear in a new folder in the
same location as the original zip file
Not working? Try this, if you are brave enough:
Some PCs have crazy settings that do not allow the unzip
wizard to run properly. Here is one work-around we have found.
(Disclaimer - try the following at your own risk. We have no
idea if this works or not, and cannot be held responsible for
what happens if you mess something up. If you have doubts, just email
ask for an unzipped version of your files).
1. Click Start, type regedit.exe and press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following branch:
3. Delete the sub-key named “UserChoice”
4. Close Regedit.exe
5. Follow the instructions above to unzip a file.
Your files from Spiritrax.com will be called ST_XXXX_Y.mp3 where
XXXX is the track ID number, and Y is the key you ordered. Your
lead sheets also have the same name ending in .pdf.